Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Low-fat Chocolate Brownies

I have been playing in the kitchen again and I have come up with the absolute best low fat brownie I have ever tried and believe me, I've tried tons of them! I'm so excited about this because it is fudgy and delicious.

Low-fat Chewy Chocolate Brownies
1 cup flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, broken up
3 tbsp margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp light corn syrup
1 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla
2 egg whites


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt chocolate and margarine. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, water, vanilla, egg whites. Combine flour, powdered sugar, cocoa & baking powder. Mix with chocolate mixture.

Bake at 350 in an 8 x 8 pan that has is lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray for appx 30 minutes.

16 servings
135 calories/3 grams fat

10 comments:

  1. Those brownies look super tasty!! I will have to make some :)

    Thank you for sharing

    I am off to check out your shop
    Thanks,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmy, thanks for sharing the recipe...hope your week is fabulous!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brownie? That I can acually eat? Oh, my cup runneth over- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely try out your brownie recipe. It is very interesting that you only use the egg whites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These brownies look great and I love chocolate....will definitely have to try them. Thanks for the recipe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely going to try these! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! this is exactly what I need :) I love your blog..keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look delicious :) I bet that taste even better :) Thank You for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The brownies look rich and yummy! Have a blessed day :)

    Katie
    PS- I host a recipe swap every week and I'd love for you to come by and show off a recipe or two.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...