Saturday, May 4, 2013
More With My Trusty Assistant
I'm on an applique craze right now and my trusty assistant is always there to help. Do you think that she has the same appreciation for color as I do?
Thank you to Sarah from A Cat Like Curiosity for the comment she made in this post about Punkie running off with embroidery threads!
This is certainly a good post to remind everyone that thread can be, in fact, IS very DANGEROUS for your pets! As innocent as it may seem, I have seen many animals die from ingesting it in my 5 years working at the animal hospital. What happens is that as it works its way through the digestive system, it can get caught up and then entangles itself along the way, and then slices right through the organs. Usually, by the time they get to us, it's too late.
So if you ever see a string coming out from your dog or cat's bottom, DON'T PULL IT AND DON'T CUT IT. Call your vet Immediately! This is an emergency!
So please watch your pets while you are crafting, and be sure to scan your areas for loose threads.
Posted by Sheryl Hastings at 1:00 AM