Friday, May 25, 2012

When Inspiration Strikes...


Doesn't inspiration strike at the oddest times? It seems like sometimes you go through a dry spell where you just can't think of anything to make. If you're like me, you always have a list of projects to do, but at the moment when you want to make something, none of those sound appealing. Then one day, you're doing an ordinary and routine task and you see something that sparks an idea. Just like that!

That is what happened to me today. I was doing my usual grocery shopping on my way home from work. I decided to head over to the office supply department at Meijer (who has a pretty nice office supply area). I needed one of those 12-section file organizers to organize my receipts by the month. I chose my organizer and turned around to head back to the grocery section and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw those 12 x 12 cork board squares. Inspiration! Now I know what my next project will be. I'm not sure of the exact plan, but it's going to be awesome!

So has inspiration ever struck you at the oddest time, or at the oddest place?

13 comments:

  1. Oh most definitely! If I'm not in or near the craft room I have to jot things down or draw a sketch so I don't forget.

    Can't wait to see what you are doing with the cork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly how it happens to me too! I find that not thinking about new ideas too much helps a lot. I get my best ideas either just before bedtime or really early in the morning, hence my notebook on my bedside table :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! And, like Duni, when it happens I have to rush to write it down or sketch it.
    Anxious to see your cork board project. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!! That's exactly what happens to me too! I have a long commute to work and a lot of times that's when I'll think of something I could create from clay. I keep a notebook with me all the time, so that I can write down my ideas when they pop into my head... Once inspiration strikes you can't get me out of my studio!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing what you'll create with the cork board, and wishing you a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a tease! Wonder what you're going to do with the cork board?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, your story sounds familiar! It often happens in the car, for some reason. You're SO leaving us all hanging in suspense with the cork board project!!!
    ~Kim
    from Blogging Buddies
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, inspiration often strikes me at very random times! It's one reason that I keep a brainstorming notebook so I can record these ideas as they come to me. Good luck with your cork board.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you have us guessing what you're up to!
    Yep, I know exactly what you mean! Often that's what makes being inspired so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inspiration tends to strike when I am on the road and cannot write down my thoughts! Have fun getting things done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun...can't wait to see what you do with the cork boards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the amazing thing about inspiration... it always takes us by surprise!

    Stopping by from Blogging Buddies
    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com/2012/05/sunday-spiritual-clinic-appointment.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute story. Alot of the time my inspiration comes from my grandkids, especially when I want to draw. A few moments with them...and inspiration strikes.

    You will have to share your finished project with corkboard.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...