Friday, February 13, 2015

Let's Talk Handbags


Those who know me well know that I have an addiction to purses. I feel as if you can never have enough of them. I got several gift cards for Christmas this year so a couple days ago, I ventured out on a search for a purse. This is usually very difficult for me because I can never find the perfect purse. This trip however, I came home with three! As the hubster is reading this in his email, I can see his eyes rolling right now.

While I was searching I was thrilled to find that the tiny, cross body bags are all the rage again. I've never been a big bag person. For the most part I usually carried a medium sized bag. Cross body bags are my absolute favorite. I love the freedom of having both hands free. While I was shopping I found three bags that are much smaller than what I'm used to. The one that I'm using first (black purse on far right) is actually the smallest, in fact some may think of it more like the size of a big wallet.

When I got home I set my purse on my worktable along with my new bags. Even though I don't carry a whole lot, I wondered if I could actually downsize so that I could use these really cute small bags. As I was emptying the contents onto my table, I decided to set aside all the items that I carry around, but never used while I was out and about. What I ended up with was my cellphone, glasses, lip gloss, keys, money, debit cards, an ink pen, and a few Excedrin pain relievers. For the past several years I've carried a camera but since purchasing my new phone (Samsung Galaxy Note) I find that I'm using the camera on that rather than pulling out the real one. It takes great pictures and makes one less thing to carry.

So what is your thought on the perfect purse? Do you like to carry lots of things because you never know what you are going to need, or do you like to carry the bare minimum.

10 comments:

  1. I've always gone back and forth between a big purse and small one. I prefer not to stuff mine full of a bunch of things and just carry the bare minimum but right now my purse is a little larger because my kindle always travels to work with me. I'm like you with the camera though. I've been using my cell phone more for taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've downsized over the years from diaper-bag-sized to large to medium to medium-small. But I'm thinking of making a cross-body wallet that would be handy when I'm walking to a destination and don't want to lug along a larger purse. Hoping to get a "real" smart phone with a good camera with my end of tax season bonus money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, hooray for your three new additions :-) I have a cross body bag as well, but one that's a bit bigger, that just fits my wallet, phone and camera. I don't want a bigger bag, cause I know I will stuff it with things I don't really need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new bags are so cute! Like you, I love a small cross body bag. Since getting a smart phone though I have had to go slightly larger. Right now I carry a Baggallini I scored at TJ Maxx. It is a litter bigger than I normally carry but still small. It fits my camera and Kindle when needed perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always prefer large bags. But recently I began to look toward the little ones. I like to have both hands free too. I would like your right bag for me. Congratulations on a good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always prefer large bags. But recently I began to look toward the little ones. I like to have both hands free too. I would like your right bag for me. Congratulations on a good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new bags! They are lovely, and I especially like the beige one. I, however, prefer large bags; and I do not have too many, because I find the task of moving my belongings between them too onerous. I have a couple of Dooneys and one Coach, and something Italian, and that is about it. All of them can be hung on the shoulder when I want free hands. However I might want to buy a couple of smaller ones... they might be useful for walks...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great buys! I only have one purse at a time because I always forget something if I switch back and forth.
    I'm a small purse kind of gal too. The bigger the purse...the more I will find to stuff in there...lol! So I keep it small and only the essentials.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny, my purse size varies wildly depending on what I'm doing. If I'm just running a couple of errands, I have a small cross-body that I take with me, but if I'm going to be out all day or am traveling, I like something BIG. Snacks and water are important! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them all, especially the third one! I love purses too... Purses and shoes, one can never have enough! lol!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...