Wednesday, December 27, 2017

A Look Back at 2017 with Sher's Creative Space


What a year it was! So many exciting things happened at Sher's Creative Space this past year. The first thing I want to say is THANK YOU! My customers and my followers are my kind and creative friends. Thank you for all those who have sent me photos of the finished items that started out with one of my patterns. Keep them coming because I do love to see them! I've met a lot of great people at the creative facebook groups. You are all so talented and amazing. And of course, I must thank my testers. You ladies have been a lifesaver! Some of you started with me when I first started the embroidery business, thank you for sticking with me. When I think of the very first patterns I sent you, uggh! But you are all so patient and honest. And there are those testers that have helped me in a pinch at the last minute. I have the best testers anywhere! Thank you!

I learned a lot this year. I even added digitizing to my business. That was a huge step for me, but well worth it. And I love, love, love it! It took a lot of time and energy, but now that it's up and running, I can create that balance between embroidery and the PDF pattern business. My only regret is why did it take me so long to get into embroidery? It's so much fun!

Last fall I started my weekend feebies and you guys love it! I have given away thousands and thousands of patterns since starting it. Since you love it so much, I will keep it going! If you aren't a regular follower of this blog or my newsletter, you might want to sign up because that's where you will find info on when and where to grab these freebies.

Another thing that happened is that my facebook following and newsletter following has increased immensely! I will continue to work really hard so I don't disappoint you.

In my personal and professional life, I have just become quite fond of the idea of going mostly paperless. I started in July with my business receipts. They are all now in JPEG or PDF format. No more printing them at the end of the month! What a huge waste that was! I like that idea so much that I'm gradually working that effort into my personal life. I have become quite the scanner maniac, and I'm not even close to getting it all done.

PHOTO ABOVE: For the past twenty-five years it has been a Christmas tradition to give everyone at my house (during our Christmas celebration) lottery scratch off tickets. This year I added a new twist. I filled the above scratch off  holders (pattern available at In the Hoop by Sher website) and passed them out. I told everyone that if they want them refilled next year, they had to put them back into the basket. Well, they didn't want to give up their little holder ornaments, and they wanted to take them home. So it looks like I have to design more for next year!

I have so many great things planned for next year, but that will be another blog post.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like your year was quite fulfilling Sher! Embroidery can make designing endless. I bet you are full of inspiration. The scratch ticket pouches are a great idea and they were a hit since everyone wanted to take them home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val! I hope you had a great Christmas. I just wish I had enough time to create all the things that are spinning around in my head!

      I'll be stopping by your blog to see what's new around your place.

      Delete
  2. Love your little giveaways. Years ago we had Chryparty every year. Everyone was to bring a handmade ornament and hang it on a wooden tree. As people left they chose an ornament from the tree from someone else. It was fun!

    Just stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year!
    <><

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...