Sunday, February 19, 2012

Someday Has Arrived!


This post is for all my fellow seamstresses. I know you all buy fabric because you plan on doing something with it "someday." While you are making these purchases your supply is getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger. But, when you are about to make a new project that requires more than a few scraps, what do you do? You walk right past your already purchased fabric and head out for some new fabric for the project. Come on, admit it! I know you all do it! Well, I'm here to tell you that my "someday" has finally arrived for my biggest "someday" purchase.

What you are look at is about 25 yards of good quality decorator fabric. Back when I worked at JoAnn's we would get awesome discounts. Our everyday discount was 15% off of everything including coupons, sale prices, and clearance items. About five times a year they would have double discount day and we would get 30% off of everything! Double discount day is always during the best sales of the year.

Anyway, this fabric was already 50% off (one of their killer sales), minus my 30% double discount and I got a bargain! I loved all three of these colors together and knew that someday I'd use it. Of course I didn't stop at the fabric, you see decorator trims too.

I've already designed the curtains from the striped fabric, which will be embellished with a buttoned valance. I also see a wall organizer, covered boxes, and whatever else I can think of. These will be good projects to work on while I'm putting my room together. Of course, I'm still sewing on the dining room table for now.

So, how big is your "someday" fabric stash?

Sewing machine used on the photo is from my "The Sewing Room Graphic/Clipart Kit" that can be purchased from my Etsy shop here, or as an instant download from my website here.

13 comments:

  1. love those colors. Sounds like Joann treats their employees pretty good with the discounts. I think my whole paycheck would end up going back to the store if I worked there...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhhhh, what stash? I love the colors in your fabrics too. Take pics when you finish the curtains, I would love to see them. I've always wondered how dangerous it would be to work at Joann's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics! Can't wait to see your finished sewing room and projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds cool : )

    In spite of the fact that I don't have a sewing machine - I have an enormous amount of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh, I have one of those piles too, just a little one though, and another larger one for yarn. One Day I'm going to use it for some very cute little projects! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those fabrics look great together. Eager to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this :) I have hoards of patterned paper that I'll use "someday"!
    I would be in so much trouble if I worked in a craft store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful fabric.

    I purchased fabric from Joanns years ago thinking I was going to make blankets and that did not happen. I also bought things from a local Hancocks that was going out of business to recover the dining room chairs; I just gave that roll to my parents.
    I am tired of seeing the supplies and the things I never started.

    Erika
    It's a Wrap Link Party at Artful Rising.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a fabric stash, but I do have a not insignificant stash of "someday" beads. It's just the nature of those who craft regularly. I really try to make post purchases with products in mind, but every once in a while, you just have to make random splurge on something awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My someday stash is pretty big. I'm giving up buying fabric for Lent -- trying to sew from my stash. (But I went on a Fat Monday binge today and bought more fabric.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. No real fabric stash for me (although there was a time when I had one!) but I have a definite yarn stash, soon to be classified as a hoard!!!
    Those fabrics are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got a "someday" stash - of tweeds, felts, silks, poplins - all to make things for the toys. Only problem? Recently, have been so busy making plushies (who don't require dresses, shirts, waistcoats and jackets) that now my cupboards are bulging and husband is about to issue an ultimatum! Have got to do some resplacing (recent sales are depleting the stocks - nice problem to have), but where is the time to do them, I wonder? I just love collecting though - especially off-cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great steal!! I love it when they let you stack coupons. =)

    The 'someday' stash. Cute. I always buys things cause I think I will need it later.. Im still waiting for that someday. Haha. Great post

    cant wait to see the finished product

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...