Thursday, May 10, 2012

Swiffer Favorite - Revised


 A while back I wrote a post about one of my favorites as a do every now and then. In this post I wrote about my Swiffer 360 Duster. I got a lot of comments from people loving them, to people who thought they were a bit costly to use all the time. I knew that if I googled "homemade swiffer refills" I'd find the happy medium.

I actually found several tutorials, images, and even people selling them on Etsy. I came across one tutorial which jumped out at me so I thought I'd give it a try. I made two of them and I love them! Not only will it save me money in the long run, but it is so much better for the environment because you wash and reuse, instead of throwing away and replacing.

And if you've never used a Swiffer Duster, you are spending way too much time dusting!

Here's the link to the tutorial, Swiffer Duster Refills. You're going to love her blog too! Her duster also came out so much prettier than mine.

NOTE: You will notice in the picture below, there are two different handles. The one on the right is the newer version. I found that it slipped out very easily so I simply stitched a seam up the center over the first seam. This stitched all 8 layers together, which made two separate casings instead of one, which gave a more snug fit.


13 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'll be visiting the link to see how it is made. I certainly have plenty of fabric to make one or two..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one smart lady! I didn't even think about making them. I have the old style with the loops on the sides. This is something I really need to make! I don't think anyone hates dusting more than I do. I have so many things (and shells) to pick up to dust around. This is the solution!

    Thank you Sher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I love (re)up-cycling, and that's a pretty good way of making my cleanings more crafty :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Goodness knows I have flannel scraps! And I'm all for anything that makes dusting more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, and you can customize the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I've got some flannel laying around -- might have to try this! Now if making one could guarantee that I'll dust....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great!! Thanks for sharing, I will definitely be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's Smart!

    thanks for posting!! ...a wonderful way to recycle too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would've never thought of making my own. Thanks for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seen the tutorials for making the swiffer sweeper covers so why not one for the duster too. I'll definitely check out the link

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that tutorial...I will have to make a couple for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. all that $ I am spending!!! makes me realize just how uncreative I am!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool idea!
    I use the cloths that come in a box and then eventually have to be thrown out. I've not used one with a handle. But I really like this idea and will put it on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...