Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Daily Walks - More Than Just for Fitness

Several months ago I started my walking program. I thought it would be a nice way to ease myself back into a healthy lifestyle, which it was. The more I walk, the more I've come to realize that it's more than that. It's a time to listen to some educational audio books, get to know the neighborhood, the neighbors, enjoy the beauty around you that you would otherwise not see, or just clear you mind. If you're not walking alone, this creates some excellent, uninterrupted, quality time with the person you are walking with.

I'm not even close to being a great photographer but I do enjoy taking photos for my own personal use to reflect on, or create some fun scrap pages. If I'm alone, I'm usually listening to some audio books on my cellphone which has a great camera, if I'm walking with someone, I'll grab my camera.

I'm getting close to adding some new exercises and activities to my routine but I'm not going to give up my walks because I've come to look so forward to them for so many reasons.

Whether I'm walking alone, or with someone, I never respond to the phone, emails, or text messages because this is my time. If I do bring my phone, it's only for listening to audio books.


5 comments:

  1. You've come across some really fun creatures on your walks!
    When I used to jog outside, I loved to just take in nature and unplug from everything else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the energy left to get back in to walking. I get home from work and I'm done for. You see some interesting things on your walks

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite the zoo you came across! I love little walks to get inspired and to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sher, Your walks sound so relaxing! The wildlife is so sweet. Seeing babies is always a treat! Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been out walking more -- but mostly snapping photos of flowers. Love your pics -- especially the turtle.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...