Saturday, November 23, 2013

Buckeye Bars - So Easy!


Are you looking for a new recipe for Thanksgiving or Christmas that is as easy as it is delicious? Here is a recipe I found on the Internet a couple years back. It's now one of our family's favorite for the Holidays, or anytime.

Buckeye Bars
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
22 NILLA Wafers, crushed (I crush mine really well)
2 cups  powdered sugar
1/2 of 8-oz. tub COOL WHIP (Do not thaw.)
3 squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate

Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Beat butter and peanut butter with mixer until blended. Mix in cookie crumbs. Gradually add sugar, mixing well after each addition. Press onto bottom of pan.


Microwave cool whip and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on high for 1 min.; stir. Microwave 15 to 30 sec. or until chocolate is melted; stir until blended. Spread over peanut butter layer.


Refrigerate 2 hours. Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting to serve.


Turkey and pumpkin above can be found in Halloween & Fall Clipart Set at Etsy by clicking HERE.

4 comments:

  1. sound good. I'll have to give these a try. thanks for sharing the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe looks interesting. They definitely contain ingredients that I like. How did you come up with the name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't name them, I think it's because there are little round candies that are called "Buckeyes" and these are similar. The Buckeyes though are a lot creamier, I've made them before.

      Delete
  3. I wish I could come over and have a cup of tea and one of these, they look so good!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...