Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Party is OVER!

I have been researching so many things lately. Since I've set a 1 year goal for myself to get myself where I want to be "physically, mentally, and profesionally" I've been looking for ideas in all aspects of my life. This list is from one of my favorite articles. If you want to read further, there is a link at the bottom.

Long-Term Benefits of Exercise
1 Decreases Risk of Heart Disease
2 Decreases Blood Pressure
3 Decreases Body Fat
4 Decreases Cholesterol Level
5 Decreases Risk of Diabetes
6 Decreases Risk of Cancer
7 Decreases Risk of Osteoporosis
8 Decreases Arthritis Symptoms
9 Decreases Number of Sick Days:
10 Decreases Chance of Premature Death

Short-Term Benefits of Exercise
1 Relaxes and Revitalizes
2 A Break From Daily Routine and Worries
3 Helps You Feel Good About Yourself

Of all of the above, my personal favorite is number 10. I've decided to make it a PRIORITY. Of course I want to lose weight but more important as I just reached my 50th birthday I realize that I want to have the years ahead to be as healthy as they can be. I think I can handle 45 minutes, 4 to 5 days a week. The benefits are so worth it!
http://www.spineuniverse.com/wellness/exercise/benefits-exercise

So...is anyone on this with me? Am I alone here?  Will someone join me on the torture?

Just days after making the graphic for this post I found out that someone I know who happens to be my age just died from what we heard is heart problems. I want to get my heart back into shape!

6 comments:

  1. I am trying to start exercising more... Sadly, I haven't gotten very far yet. It's hard to get motivated when you're by yourself. My sister promised to be my workout partner but now I can never get her to go anywhere with me. Maybe I'll start taking walks around the block when it stops raining... It's better than nothing.

    Are you going to a gym or exercising at home?

    - Michelle

    http://madebymichelle.etsy.com
    http://handmadebymichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried and tried to start an exercise routine and in the end I always give up. I've tried it with someone and on my own. In the end I just can't get inspired enough. I do dance semi-regularly at live local shows though. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Responding to your comment on my blog - wish we could respond to individual comments and get notifications)

    Thank you so much! :)

    I'm jealous that you have exercise equipment at home. I think I'd do so much better if I had that. Going to the gym is a pain (the one where we have a membership is 20 mins away with no on site parking) and our street isn't secluded enough for me to not feel self-conscious walking around alone...

    I will have to find cardio I can do at home without a machine. I've been thinking about getting one of those workout video games but I have to do more research to see if they really help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to get back into an exercise routine. I get home from work and just can't seem to get myself to move. I'll be 50 next year and since my family history has a lot of heart disease I know sitting on my butt is not very healthy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have the goal clearly set on your mind, you will achieve it! Go for it, you cannot imagine how you will feel! And do not obsess about losing weight, obsess instead about feeling your muscles and controlling your body!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Dance Central and Zumba for XBOX Kinect. They are fun!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...